Wire EDM Machining Services
Wire EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) is a manufacturing process whereby a desired shape is obtained using electrical discharges traveling through a wire. EDM is especially useful for producing prototypes, dies & molds, but it is becoming a common method of making production parts in the aerospace, automobile, firearms, medical and electronics industries.
Some of the advantages of EDM machining include:
- Complex shapes that would otherwise be difficult to produce with conventional cutting tools.
- Extremely hard material to very close tolerances.
- Very small work pieces where conventional cutting tools may damage the part from excess cutting tool pressure.
- There is no direct contact between tool and work piece. Therefore delicate sections and weak material can be cut without any distortion.
- A good surface finish can be obtained.
- 8 Sodick
Click here to work with Yampa Precision for your next project. Or call us at 928-772-6616.